Essential. 120 years of progress.
It was in 1886 that the brothers Johann and Ignaz Unterweger founded Tyrol’s first mountain pine oil distillery: by 1889, they were presenting their conifer oils at the World Exhibition in Barcelona. Since that time, the Unterweger name has stood for a standard of quality at international level. Since then, progress has been characteristic of the company’s tradition…
- 1955 start of trade relationships with the East European countries
- 1987 first laboratory
- 1991 start of trade relationships with the former USSR countries
- 1992/93 extension of the company, installation of a rectification system, extension of the laboratory, purchase of a gas-phase chromatograph
- 1998 construction of the warehouse with an area of 600m2-
- 2010 Opening of the Vitalpinum: a 5000 m² alpine adventure and relaxation garden with show destillery, play park and shop.